Privacy Notice - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The document below describes what data we need to collect from our website users, our basis for processing this data, how we use this data, length of data storage, data subject rights and contact information for Stansted Fluid Power (Products) Ltd.
Quick read summary
- Our website is HTTPS secure so any data you provide when visiting is encrypted.
- Any data you provide is used in a legitimate, fair and transparent manner on a strictly 'need-to-know-basis' within our website. More details below.
- We do not request, store or use any GDPR special category data.
- We do not share any of your data with any third party for marketing purposes.
- Our secure website hosting is protected by firewalls and other security mechanisms.
- We have an assigned Data Officer and we have ICO membership - details are below.
Legitimate, fair and transparent data processing
We adhere to the practices of:
- A legitimate purpose to use the data a user provides. This purpose is to enable our software to calculate a personalized horoscope based on this data.
- Fair data processing. We will take responsibility and do not process data for any purpose other than the legitimate purpose. This document informs users of this fair data usage.
- Transparent data processing. To inform users about the processing activities on their personal data, as we do in this document and on various pages on our website.
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer (DPO) - Mr Mark Freeman - is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects. His contact details are below.
2.2 All members of staff of Stansted Fluid Power (Products) Ltd who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject's attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy Notice
3.1 Who are we? And what data do we collect and process?
Stansted Fluid Power (Products) Ltd - specialises in the design and manufacture of High Pressure Engineering systems for liquids and gases. This is their main website - https://www.stanstedfluidpower.com.
The personal data we may ask for, and use to help us with your enquiry, or product order, is described in detail below. We also have 'Website Terms & Conditions' section below.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Our ICO registration number is ZA384548.
Stansted Fluid Power (Products) Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Our companies house registration number is 01172803.
Our data protection person is Mr Mark Freeman. You can contact him by sending an email to
Our company telephone number is 01279 813459. If calling from outside the UK then it is +44 1279 813459.
What data do we process? And how is it used?
On our website we receive data from our secure (HTTPS)contact web form or via email. To be able to answer any business enquiries we securely collect, and store, the following data:
- Telephone number.
- Company / Institute.
- Position / Job Title.
- Enquiry Type (the user is presented with a list of our products.
- The users enquiry (a large text box).
If this data is sent via our contact web form it is done so encrypted (secure) over HTTPS. The completed web form is sent to our DPO, Mr Mark Freeman.
This data can also be sent via email, again, directly to Mr Mark Freeman.
This data is stored on a PC that is password protected.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified in this document. Consent is required for Stansted Fluid Power (Products) Ltd to process your of personal data, but it must be explicitly given.
We do not pass on, or share, or sell the personal data your provide which is only ever used within the company on a 'need-to-know-basis'.
3.4 Retention Period
We store data for the duration of each indivual business enquiry. If no business order was made, then the data (from the web form or email) is deleted. If an order was made then the data is stored for this business customer on both a password protected PC and sometimes filed in paper format for accounting purposes.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. This can be done contacting our DPO, Mr Mark Freeman.
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. Again, this can be done contacting our DPO, Mr Mark Freeman
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing. NOTE - we do not do any direct marketing or pass your data onto any third parties.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Stansted Fluid Power (Products) Ltd, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Stansted Fluid Power (Products) Ltd data protection representatives Data Protection Officer, Mr Mark Freeman .
NOTE - we do not use any cookies that we have implemented ourselves and only use one third-party cookie from a single third party - see below.
4.3 About cookies
4.2 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
4.3 Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session (website visit), when the web browser is closed.
4.4 We do not use any cookies that personally identifies a user (website visitor).
5. Cookies usage
5.1 Analytics cookies for measuring our website usage.
'Clicky' is GDPR compliant - read more here.
During a visit to our website the following data is sent to thge tracking servers:
Page URL, page title, referrer, User agent, IP address, Language, screen resolution, tracking cookie.
Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
The names of the analytics cookies set by the tracking servers are - _jsuid and cluid.
_jsuid: This is a random number that is generated by the Code the first time someone visits a web site with the Code installed. Its sole purpose is to better identify new and unique visitors to a web site. The value of this cookie is sent to the Service for every event logged. The value of this cookie will also be set as a third party cookie with the name of "cluid" if such a cookie does not exist. The purpose of this is for web sites with multiple domains and who want to track visitor sessions across multiple domains, which is not possible with first party cookies. This cookie is set to more or less never expire.
The information generated relating to our website is used to create statistics and reports about the general use of our website.
6. Managing, deleting and blocking cookies
If you want do not want to give consent to our use of web analytics cookies then you can follow the instructions below or contact our DPO, Mark Freeman who's contact details are above.
How to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser - please visit - All About Cookies.
7. Website Terms of Usage
The terms "Stansted Fluid Power (Products) Ltd.", "SFP", "www.stanstedfluidpower.com", "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website.
7.1 The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
7.2 Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
7.3 This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
7.4 All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
7.5 Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
7.6 Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.